Dr. Joanna Woodnutt (BVM BVS BVMedSci MRCVS)Freelance vet writer
Dr. Joanna Woodnutt is an experienced veterinarian and vet copywriter from the UK. After graduating from the University of Nottingham and qualifying as a vet in 2016, Joanna went on to work in small animal practice for three years. She has a strong interest in helping people understand their pets, and does this both in practice and by using her passion for writing. She regularly makes informative veterinary content for blogs and magazines.
"I love consulting, and I particularly enjoy teaching and educating clients. So a career in writing, public education, and pet health is the perfect combination for me. I always say that writing allows me to help more clients than just the one standing in the consulting room. (..) I have recently reduced my clinical hours, which means that I can open up my writing even further. I now write regularly for several publications and am available for freelance work. I can write articles and blog posts on veterinary and pet health topics."
Why we trust her
- Titles in veterinary medicine (BVM, BVS, BVMedSci)
- Extensive experience in UK animal clinics
- Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
More workThe following are some of our favorite articles of Joanna's on other places around the web:
ConnectWould you like to get in touch with Joanna? Visit her website
Joanna's latest articles for Catpointers:
- Why do cats need to be groomed?, 04 Dec 2021 in Grooming&Q&A
- Cats and the Holidays: Common Health Hazards & Safety Tips, 15 Nov 2021 in General Tips
- Destructive Scratching: How to Keep Cats Off Your Furniture, 14 Oct 2021 in Behavior & Biology&Scratch Posts
- Best Puzzles for Cats (Buyer’s Guide 2022), 24 Jul 2021 in Products&Toys & Feeders
- How to Groom an Anxious Cat (Stress-free grooming), 12 Apr 2021 in Grooming
- Your Cat’s Clinician: How to Find a Great Vet, 22 Jan 2021 in General Tips